Monday, June 30, 2008

Cream Puffs My Way


Well today I made my first batch of cream puffs. Man it takes a pretty strong arm to beat in all those eggs but I did it! I can remember loving cream puffs as a kid and could never fathom how someone could possibly make these at home, other than a bakery, Dainty Pastry comes to mind. One late afternoon along time ago (sounds like a fairytale) Nana Ivy said she was in the mood for cream puffs and walked into the kitchen and whipped up these delicate, light, fluffy pastries in just an hour and for me it was as though magic was happening before my eyes. Nana Ivy was full of surprises when it came to any type of cooking and her daughters have this same talent. She may have used every pot and utensil in the kitchen but you could bet whatever the meal was, it was going to be SO good. I feel very fortunate to have learned quite a bit about a little of everything from her family. I really thought I could never attempt cream puffs and then I thought, wait a minute, why not me! Though my cream puffs weren't drizzled with chocolate, because it burnt up in the microwave, Leisure Lee ate three of them and I must say they tasted purty darn good. Now I can make them even better and it doesn't matter how many times I try, it's all worth it - it's good for my soul!

1 comment:

patriciacaspers said...

Did you read about my dream?! That looks delicious.