Saturday, June 28, 2008

Busy Bluebirds


I've never been one for birds, that is I've never admired them as pets or, liked seeing them in a cage. But watching them in their own habitat and building birdhouses is nice hobby and something I've really come to enjoy. This picture was taken this morning and the male is a beautiful violet color and the female isn't quite as showy. These two parents feed their babies all day long, they are just like my grandchildren, always hungie. I built the birdhouse in a woodworking class and the specifications are just for bluebirds. Of course there's always some disagreement on the dimensions an if a perch should be added or, not. My instructor disagreed with my theory on the perch. One thing to remember is not to paint your birdhouse, leave it all natural!

No comments: