Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Painted Ponies


Childhood dreams fade as you get older and you sometimes forget what you really enjoyed as a child, until someone comes along and reminds you. M. Heads painted this picture and it is one painting of a thousand paintings of a huge equine mural in Canada. A very talented young woman, wouldn't you say. I loved horses growing up, everything from reading horse stories, paint by number oil painting and riding too. Honestly, I was always a little weary of riding and being thrown to the ground with a hard smack could be painful. I'm speaking from experience and that's okay because I learned to get back on, again and again. Somewhere through my journey and life taking me down it's own path I lost interest in my dream. A few years back I volunteered and assisted children with riding Ice Atlantic ponies or horses. It wasn't only rewarding for the children but for me as well. Maybe this is a little more than you want to know but I love the smell of horses, and barnes, all the aromas of a ranch. I especially loved the sound of a horse chomping on an apple or a carrot. Learning to ride and taking riding lessons has crossed my mind recently. Did I mention my grandfather, James was a horse trainer - I never knew this growing up and I wonder if I have a horse gene. That would be a nice gene to have, don't you think. My Mom has a beautiful framed picture of my grandfather on beautiful chestnut horse by the name of Cimmeron. Dare to dream - it really is quite an inviting thought.

1 comment:

patriciacaspers said...

We have three horses who live on the farm down the road from us. We can visit them when you're out here. Maybe we'll sneak them some carrots, too!